Rob Wallis is a poet living in Central Victoria, Australia.
His poems have appeared in various magazines and anthologies in Australia and overseas. He has won the FAW John Shaw Neilson Poetry Award. He has won the Second Prize in the MPU International Poetry Competition and has twice won the Martin Downey Urban Realism Award in the same competition, the Castlemaine Poetry Competition and was short listed for the Fish Publishing International Poetry Competition (Dublin) and the Bridport Prize(UK).
His fifth collection of poetry, 'Caught Jesting', was published recently by Birdfish Books.
When not writing poetry, Rob enjoys gardening, classical music, bridge, walking and table tennis.
R O B W A L L I S P O E T R Y
A B O U T R O B
Snow White dipped
her apple into cyanide
took a bite
From 'Alan Turing'
(An Elegant Sufficiency)
1. 'Lost City' has won the 2020 W.B.Yeats Poetry Prize .
2. 'Blind Side' has been shortlisted in the 2020 Fish Publishing International Petry Competition.
3. 'The Blue Trailer' was shortlisted for the 2019 ACU Prize for Poetry and was published in a chapbook with the same name
4. 'Lost City', Highly Commended, 2019 PAVE/Woorilla Poetry Prize, and was published in the chapbook with the same name
5. 'Dancing With Al Bowlly' published in the 'The Sky Falls Down, An Anthology Of Loss'. Editors Terry Whitebeach and Gina Mercer, 2019.
6. 'Seascape'. Long Listed, Fish Publishing International Poetry Competition, Dublinm 2019.
7. 'The Bard's Comic Inspiration'. published in The Mozzie 2019
8.'The Hours Alone' Won the MPU International Poetry Competition's Martin Downey Urban Realism Prize, 2018
9.'When We Were Alive' shortlisted, Martha Richardson Memorial Poetry Prize, 2018.
10. 'Bed Time' Long Listed, Fish Publishing International Poetry Competition, Dublin, 2018
11 'When We Were Alive' Commended Woorila Poetry Competition, 2018
12. 'Offshore Poet', 'This Body' published in The Mozzie, 2018